Monday, February 21, 2011

dear future past. present and me i long to be


one day you will look back on you, the you are right this moment with longing. you will appreciate the way you look as only a wiser you can. hopefully no big regrets will cross your mind, but lets be honest we know us and that simply could not be true. i will forever be too hard on myself. too critical. i may forever sing and dance even though i probably shouldn't. although i won't always do it when someone is watching. i will most likely be alone. i will forever have a fear of sharing my thoughts with the general public. i will forever say i love you to the boyfriend too many times a day. so many times in fact, i hope he doesn't tire of the words. i hope he doesn't tire of me. i hope to outgrow my insecurities. my inability to say the words when they are needed. my incessant need to write to fill the void in my mind. the thoughts i don't know are there until my fingers hit the keypad. i hope to grow old along side the man i currently sleep beside. i hope to have a garden full of kids. to be the mom who makes the best cookies. the house every kid wants to visit. please don't let us grow old and alone with too many cats. we like cats but not that much. don't let me get me. don't let me over criticize and destroy what's left of me. you have hurt yourself enough. just sit back and enjoy what's laid in front of you.right.at.this.moment. take the time,enjoy this ride. every little pain,every bridge crossed,every tear shed and smile given. breathe and take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment